A peace walk or peace march (sometimes referred to as a peace pilgrimage) is a form of nonviolent action where a person or groups of people march a set distance to raise awareness of particular issues important to the walkers. [wikipedia]
The purpose of this blog is to document the work of activists the world over and their fight for nuclear disarmament, sustainability, justice and peace.
- Walk for a Nuclear Free Future
- Maine Walk for Peace, Human Needs and Veterans Care
- End War: The 10th Annual Walk for a New Spring
- Longest Walk 3: Reversing Diabetes
- The Walk Away From Uranium Mining Towards Aboriginal Sovereignty
- CHOGM protest
- N17 Occupy Boston
- Remember Fukushima: The 11th Annual Walk for a New Spring
- No More Fukushimas Walk/Walk for Mother Earth
- Walk for a Nuclear Free Future ’12
- Walkatjurra Walkabout
- 12th Annual Walk for a New Spring
If you have anything you would like to add to this blog – images, entries, quotes, video, etc.,they can be sent to the submit page or to email@example.com.
New England Peace Pagoda (checks can be made out to New England Peace Pagoda and sent to 100 Cave Hill Road, Leverett MA, 01054 [or if you would like to send money to someone directly replace the title line with Sister Clare Carter, Gyoway Kato, Brother Towbee or Tim Bullock)